Social Distancing Friendly Picnic Concert at Stansted Park
Gilbert & Sullivan’s Magical Masterpiece The Mikado performed by Opera Anywhere
Enjoy a great night of opera at this spacious, ‘socially distance’ friendly open-air venue. Set in a mythical Japan, the Mikado follows the story of Ko-Ko, a cheap tailor, who has been appointed Lord High Executioner and must find someone to execute before the arrival of the ruling Mikado. He lights upon Nanki-Poo, a strolling minstrel who loves the beautiful Yum-Yum. But Yum-Yum is also loved by Ko-Ko, and Nanki-Poo, seeing no hope for his love, considers suicide. Ko-Ko offers to solve both their problems by executing Nanki-Poo, and an agreement is reached whereby Ko-Ko will allow Nanki-Poo to marry Yum-Yum for one month, at the end of which Nanki-Poo will be executed, in time for the arrival of the Mikado. But what Ko-Ko doesn’t know is that Nanki-Poo is the son of the Mikado and has run away to avoid a betrothal to an old harridan named Katisha. The arrival of the Mikado brings all the threads of the tale together.
Social distancing rules and measures will be in place to ensure a safe and enjoyable event at this spacious open-air venue. We will release further updates via email regarding the specifics of all of the measures to keep you safe in due course.
Food and drink is available to buy on site!
Terms and Conditions
Due to the unique nature of these concerts and their locations please see below a complete list of all the terms and conditions when buying tickets for these events.
- Ticket is only valid for the date specified
- Ticket must be shown upon arrival on a phone/tablet or printed
- The ticket is not transferable and non-refundable
- The organisers reserve the right to alter or change the programme without being obliged to exchange tickets or refund money
- No money may be refunded unless the concert is cancelled prior to commencement
- The organisers reserve the right to cancel the performance due to circumstances beyond their control amounting to Force Majeure without refund
- The estate rules must be obeyed at all times
- The organisers reserve the right to refuse admission.
- Admission is at the ticket holders own risk
- All timings are approximate and subject to change
- This concert is a informal open air picnic concert. Please bring your own picnic, chairs etc
- Seating is not provided and positions are not assigned or reserved. This is a general admission ticket
- Some refreshments will be available to purchase including drinks and food
- Free Parking is provided on site and available from 6:00pm gates open at 6:00pm
- Distance from carpark to concert entrance is between 50m and 350m
- No overnight parking
- Disabled parking is available
- No dogs are allowed at the performance except assistance dogs
- No BBQ’s Lanterns, Naked flames or recording equipment are permitted
- Children must be accompanied by an adult at all times
- Ticketholders consent to being photographed / filmed / recorded as members of the audience
- The data we collect from you is to process your booking and send you your tickets. We never pass your details on to a separate company. We may send you emails in advance of the performance to keep you up-to-date with relevant information about the concert.
- Save for the death or personal injury caused by the negligence of the organisers, neither the organisers or any agent, employee or representative of these bodies accept any liability for any accident, loss, damage, illness, injury to visitors, spectators, vehicles or property whatsoever, whether caused by their negligence, breach of contract or any other way whatsoever.
- These terms and conditions are in conjunction with the Ticket Crowd standard terms and conditions which can be found here: https://ticketcrowd.co.uk/terms-conditions/
Early Bird Ticket
Early Bird Tickets are £22.50 available until Monday 20th July
£25.00ON SALE NOW!
General Admission tickets.