Gather friends and family for this epic movie of the 1970’s – Grease (PG).
This true summer romance staring Olivia Newton- John and John Travolta is the most successful movie of all time. The story tells of the summer of 1958, when greaser Danny Zuko (played by John Travolta) and sweet Australian girl Sandy Olsson(Olivia Newton -John) meet at the beach and fall in love. When the summer comes to an end, Sandy, whose family is returning to Australia, worries that they might never meet again, but Danny tells her that their love is “only the beginning.” At the beginning of the new school year at Rydell High School (“Grease”), Danny reunites with his fellow gang members, the T-Birds, of whom his best friend Kenickie, along with Doody, Sonny, and Putzie are members. Meanwhile, unbeknown to Danny, Sandy arrives at school, as her family’s plans having changed, with her new friend Frenchy, a member of the Pink Ladies. Other Pink Ladies Rizzo, Marty, and Jan also arrive, excited to be seniors, as does Patty Simcox, a high-achieving cheerleader.
With plenty of great songs, this is a real ‘feel good’ movie to be enjoyed by all ages.
The event is located at the Madehurst Cricket Ground which is stunning. It is the perfect venue to enjoy some sun downers on a summer’s evening at the grounds’ fully licenced bar in the Pavilion.
When and where?
Event Date: Saturday 20th July
Start Time: Gates open at 7pm with pre-film entertainment at 8pm. Film starts at approx 9:20pm.
Finish Time: 11:30pm
Address: Madehurst Cricket Ground, New Barn Farm, Madehurst, Arundel BN18 0NN
Food stalls will be available on site.
Bring a comfortable chair, lounger, bean bag or sofa for viewing!
Pack a blanket and your favourite cosy socks to nestle down for your summer outdoor cinema experience. Be prepared, as the temperature will drop after sunset, so please wrap up warm.
Bring a torch as you are in the country!
No dogs allowed.
Whether you are a ‘T’ Bird or ‘Pink Lady’, you can enjoy some Pre- Movie entertainment with the incredible ‘Arabesque School of Performing Arts.
Feel free to dress up and embrace this perfect summer movie!
This outdoor cinema event is in aid of the Sussex Snowdrop Trust. The Trust provides vital nursing care at home for local children who have a life threatening or terminal illness. The aim of the charity is to provide specialist care from the Snowdrop Care at Home team, which includes paediatric nurses, a very experienced Counsellor and Nurse Support workers. Most children live to adulthood but sadly sometimes the treatment fails, and children become terminally ill.
Nearly all children who become terminally ill, since Snowdrop started, have been at home, surrounded by their family, the exceptional Snowdrop nurses and sometimes our Counsellor during this very sad time. The Trust is currently supporting 72 families in the region from Emsworth to Arundel and towards Midhurst.
The film will continue whatever the weather so please ensure you bring waterproofs if required.
The event has kindly been sponsored by Madehurst Cricket Club, Stanford Training Solutions and ACC Tyres Ltd.
Terms and Conditions
- The organiser is not responsible for any belongings left or damaged on site.
- Parking is available on site. The organiser is not responsible for any theft or damage to the vehicle when on site.
- Please note there is a walk from the car park facilities to the outdoor screening. The ground is uneven and maybe slippery.
- The organiser takes no responsibilty for inquiry incurred during the event.
- The promoter reserves the right to refuse admission to any member of the public who is intoxicated or causing nuisance or behaviour likely to result in a breach of the peace.
- Ticket is only valid for the date specified.
- Ticket must be shown upon arrival on a phone/tablet or printed.
- The ticket is not transferable and non-refundable.
- The film viewing will take place whatever the weather. Bring warm clothing and a seat.
- These terms and conditions are in conjunction with the Ticket Crowd standard terms and conditions which can be found here: https://ticketcrowd.co.uk/terms-conditions/