Johnny was signed to Ringo Starr’s record label, and had a string of hits in the 1970s and 1980s, including ‘Screaming Jets’, which featured Peter Gabriel. Johnny’s love of The Who inspired him to form a band of top musicians, bringing classics like Pinball Wizard and Who Are You to a new generation. Gary Grainger has performed and recorded with The Who, Roger Daltrey and John Entwistle – and wrote Rod Stewart’s 70s hit, ‘Hot Legs’, while playing in his band.
“It’s an amazing show,” said Johnny. “We perform all The Who classics and tell some fun stories about how the songs came about. It’s full on. The audience gets a two-hour show, and we pack in as much as we can. We make sure people get their money’s worth.”
For Johnny, it’s all about paying tribute, rather than mimicking the originals: “We don’t get carried away thinking this was our music. And we don’t dress up as The Who, smash up our guitars, or swing microphones around. It’s all about doing justice to songs that changed the face of popular music.”
The Total Who Show is performed by Johnny Warman’s Magic Bus. Between them, the band has worked with acts including Elton John, David Bowie, Ringo Starr, Peter Gabriel, Asia, Julian Lennon, ABC, Cheap Trick, Bruce Springsteen, and Foo Fighters.
When and where?
Event Date: Saturday 7th December 2019
Start Time: Doors open 7pm.
Finish Time: 12:00 p.m
Address: Hatherleigh Community Centre, Bowling Green Lane, Hatherleigh, Okehampton, Devon EX20 3HB
Terms and Conditions
- The promoter reserves the right to refuse admission to any member of the public who is intoxicated or causing nuisance or behaviour likely to result in a breach of the peace.
- Ticket is only valid for the date specified.
- Ticket must be shown upon arrival on a phone/tablet or printed.
- The ticket is not transferable and non-refundable.
- These terms and conditions are in conjunction with the Ticket Crowd standard terms and conditions which can be found here: https://ticketcrowd.co.uk/terms-conditions/